Welcome! Your son or Daughter has joined the Burke County High School Cross Country Team.
What is Cross Country?
The Sport of Cross Country is a competitive team sport offered in the fall for students in grades 9
through 12. High school races are 3.1 miles long, and the courses are mostly run across grassy fields, and wooded paths. A great thing about cross country (abbreviated XC) is that everyone competes and everyone runs the
Our philosophy is fairly simple:
• Everyone is important, unique, and contributes
• To strive for excellence is as worthy as achieving it
• Everyone can reach for their personal best
• We can have fun, train hard, and race well
• We want to inspire a love of running